Dayna Martin – Radical Unschooling: A Revolution Has Begun
Radical Unschooling is a progressive parenting philosophy, which includes children learning at home. It is different from homeschooling in that children are not forced to follow curriculum lessons and tests. Radical Unschooling philosophy focuses on trust of a child’s innate ability to learn without coercion and invites children to explore their passions. The parent’s role is to facilitate their interests and curiosity.
Radical Unschooling – the book – focuses also on the evolutionary aspect of parenting and human consciousness. We are parenting and educating our children today to succeed in a joyful, productive life by following their passions, not someone else’s agenda.
The main presentations are
- School is only one of many choices for our children in our technologically advanced world.
- Forced learning isn’t effective and causes more damage than formerly thought.
- Respecting a child’s choice and autonomy is an evolution of understanding and birth right of every human.
- Learning and life are not separate. Learning is pleasurable if it is not forced on us.
- Separating life into subjects isn’t necessary or natural.
- Humans learn from all that they do and experience in life, not just what our culture deems ”educational.”
- The main focus of parenting today is obedience and meeting the needs of the parent. This has to change if we want our children to live in a peaceful world.
Moreover, Radical Unschooling is just radical enough to herald a wake up call to our culture because of the truth the philosophy speaks.
FREE shipping and handling in the USA!!
Created by Dayna Martin
Danielle Souris – 5 Stars
Every parent should read this book, even if they are not “radical unschoolers”. Daya makes very straightforward and chilling points about treatment and respect of children that will really transform your world for the better. This book is easier to read than most books, because of its straightforwardness. I highly recommend this book to everyone who has children in their daily lives.
R. Scott – 5 Stars
Dayna does a wonderful job of explaining how Radical Unschooling produces secure, connected kids who are unafraid to be who they are and go after life! It makes me sad to see so much heavy handed parenting on a daily basis. As people are we not all equal? Varying he degree of respect given based on age is every bit as inappropriate as doing so based on religion, race or gender. Dayna speaks in simple language about raising her own family and how things have worked for them. It offers insight into the motivation behind the choice to raise children this way. Much more than simply a book on “school vs. homeschool” it shows the reader how RU encompasses all aspects of life. A wonderful tool for those wishing to live in harmony with their children as opposed to being “boss.” Applying the recommendations of this book it would be impossible to not have your children blossom in security, love and want of learning! Highly recommended! ~ MS
Comments are closed.